Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dreams

When I was a kid, for unfathomable reasons, I wanted to be a housewife. I thought, "wow, what a life! Watch TV whole day, sleep every afternoon and early in the night and nobody to fight over the remote with!" :) Thankfully my class has better dreams.

We made a dream chart today. All kids thought and shared what they wanted to be when they grow up. Needless to say, before this I made a whole "Chak de India" speech to get them up and motivated. :D I think part of the coolest thing about being a teacher is how you can make yourself the Idol for so many kids. These kids are really looking for direction, which is not available any where else in their lives. 60% kids in my class want to grow up to be a teacher and that shows how impressionable they are. This is also what TFI is about- giving these kids a chance to grow up to be something more than they would normally get a chance for.

Of course there are some kids whose primary dream seems to be causing mayhem! If nothing else, I am learning a lot of patience here. So 5 kids in my class would not shut up during the whole dream exercise. So I sent them out of class and called them in later after the English lesson (on months) was over and started our standard emotional spiel :) "Didi is very sad that you are not listening to her. She taught so much in class today and you missed all of it, while everyone else learnt. Is that good?" Pat comes the reply, "I already know this". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........figuring out how to handle this one tom- any suggestions?

We are doing colors in class tomorrow and I need to get back to making my colour chart. So good night and see you tomorrow! :)

5 comments:

  1. Did I tell you I love your blog, but am not talking to you for reasons communicated to me by a certain friend of ours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww u guys stop ganging up on me!!!! Will no one ask me what happened??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...you're the cutest and I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. musskkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) when r u meeting me?

    ReplyDelete